Search This Blog and the Web

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hotel Alternative - Rent a House

Last June I had to get lodging in Stowe, VT for my daughter's wedding. There were six of us and the local hotel was charging $200 per night for a room. I found a beautiful townhouse for rent adjacent to the hotel for about half the price that 3 rooms would have cost and it was much more luxurious. We had 3 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths, a full gourmet kitchen, gas barbecue, full size pool table with a wet bar, a home theater with hundreds of DVDs, gas fireplace, etc.

The kitchen was equipped with every conceivable appliance and my son (a Cullinary Institute graduate) whipped up a 7 course meal for 8 people that was served in the dining room. I found this rental on http://www.vrbo.com/ (Vacation Rentals by Owner). They have rental properties worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment